Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Blog Like I Mean It…

I've been keeping this blog for a few months now and I'm finally getting the hang of it. Or at least I feel like I'm getting the hang of it and if I'm not can you just lie and tell me I am anyway. I've figured out the following:

  1. I blog about books the way I used to write papers in college, which is to say, I do it like I expect my professor to read them.
  2. As a result of this, I'm not as snappy as I am when I'm talking to people about books.
  3. I need to learn more about blog layouts so I can change the dismal font that I have.
  4. I love meeting new authors via all the social networks I join, but worry that my fangirlness could be remotely stalkerish
  5. It's not world peace so I shouldn't worry.

I've had long running blogs before, but this is the first one I've had that's very near and dear to who I am as a book person. So I want to make a promise to those of you (all three of you) who read it. I will always blog like I mean it. Just thought you would want to know. I'm off now…to read and do more bird prep for tomorrow.

BV

No comments:

Post a Comment