Thursday, March 17, 2011

This is what a Feminist looks like…

 Last Tuesday, March 8th was International Women's Day, Feminist Coming Out Day and March is also Women's History month and in the business of March I forgot about the blog post I wanted to put up about feminism and me. I borrowed the idea of a list from my friend Serena and her feminist post.



This feminist does not ask a question when I'm giving an order.

This feminist's body is all my own and is mine to give away by choice.

This feminist loves the color pink but does not need the color to make something attractive for purchase.

This feminist will rock a 5 inch heel with fishnets and a skirt or a pair of jeans and sneakers and still look hot.

This feminist will shed tears, raise a brow and laugh out loud with equal passion.

This feminist refuses to be treated like a girl…I am a woman, full grown.

This feminist reads erotica and romance and doesn't hide the cover as I do.

This feminist lives part of her dream until she can make the rest come true.

This feminist knows how to cook well and does not need a husband as proof of that.

This feminist does not require a husband, boyfriend or significant other to feel vindicated in her life accomplishments.

This feminist is owned by herself and no one else.

So wherever you are and whatever you're doing, celebrate your womanhood this month (and every month really). This feminist wants you to.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment