Friday, December 9, 2011

#31DDD - Tell Me about your First Crush

It's not surprising that my first crush is a book, but it actually dives deeper than that.  My first crush was a BIG book.  I remember picking this book out of my schools library based solely on the cover picture and it's size.  I was in 2nd or 3rd grade and this book had come from one of the upper level sections. 

I distinctly remember pulling the book from the shelf and the weight of it.  It was almost new because when I went to open it, it wanted to stay closed.  I checked it out, despite the warnings from the librarian that it was too advanced for me and finished it in two days.  When I returned it, said librarian had a look that I now know as smugbitchery on her face and she condescended to me that I hadn't been able to finish it...to which I replied that I had and if she didn't believe me she could ask my grandmother (who worked for my school).

For a first crush Caddie Woodlawn wasn't bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment