Sunday, December 4, 2011

#31DDD - Best Experience You've Had in Another Country

I've only been out of the country once.  And for it, I didn't even get to use my newly minted passport.  So, while I've been to the Caribbean, I don't have much to show for it.  However, the memories of it have always stuck with me.

I took a 10 day cruise with one of my best friends, Nadia Lee in 2002.  We hit the islands of Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize and Ocho Rios.  The best experience I had while on these islands was right after the ship hit the port of Grand Cayman.  I remember standing line to get on the small boat to be take to shore and as I was crossing the little gangplank to get to the vessel, I looked down at the water.

And I marveled at the purple water!  PURPLE WATER!!!

It was AMMMMMAAAAZZZZIIIINNNGGGG!  I was staring so hard I nearly assoverteakettled into the ocean.

I don't remember much about that vacation, but man do I remember that water.

2 comments:

  1. You just made me even more excited about my first cruise next year! I want to see purple water. lol.

    ReplyDelete